Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Music: Mumford and Sons

Sigh No More
Mumford and Sons
Indie Folk

I haven't been this excited about a band since I was a sophomore in college... back when music was still inspiring to me and brought something new lyrically and melodically. Since I picked up this album this Spring I haven't been able to stop listening to it, and I promise there will be a few songs in which you won't be able to either.

This entire album is perfect for Summer. Why? Well it is not a flashy summer anthem that incorporates all surface level aspects of summer: good times, bikinis, laying in the sun and flirting. Rather, it is an honest, earthy, lively, and at times even uplifting and inspiring album that is great for those who miss hearing songs about love.



No comments:

Post a Comment